Warcraft® III: The Frozen Throne® Rules
WCG 2019 Xi’an – Online Qualifiers
● Game Version: Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
(with the latest game version)
● Minimum Age Requirement: 16 & Above
➢ Anyone born after Mar. 11th 2003 will not be able to attend.
● General provisions
➢ All games are to be played on Battle.net (except CHINA Region)
- CHINA Region (Mainland China): Netease Warcraft Battle Platform
➢ Competition Method: 1 vs. 1
➢ Tournament Format: Single Elimination
➢ Match Type: Online
➢ Match Format
- Early rounds: BO1
- Final Round (Semi finals of each National Qualifier / Regional Qualifier): BO3
➢ Regional Qualification Requirements:
APAC, AMERICAS and EUROPE Region
1) National Qualifiers
· National Qualifier brackets will be played until the conclusion of the semi-finals. The remaining two (2) players need not complete the final match in the bracket. Each player will advance to the Regional Online Qualifier.
2) Regional Qualifiers
· The top eight (8) players in each regional qualifier will be invited to the regional finals for their region.
CHINA Region (Mainland China)
1) Early rounds: BO1
2) Final Round (Quarter final): BO3
· China's Qualifier matches will only go on until the end of the round of 16. The remaining eight (8) players will proceed to the Regional Final for their region
➢ Game Length: Until the winner is determined.
➢ Seedings will be made automatically.
➢ The player with the higher seed invites the opponent.
➢ Players may communicate with the WCG Committee or referee through the WCG official channel.
APAC Region, AMERICAS Region, EUROPE Region
1) In order to do so, you need your Battlefy username as well as the tournament join code you received from WCG and used to register for the competition on Battlefy
CHINA Region (Mainland China)
1) In order to do so, you need your Varena username as well as the tournament join code that you received from WCG and used to register for the competition on Varena
➢ No observers are permitted.
➢ Official broadcasting partners of WCG are in all cases allowed to spectate tournament matches.
● Game Settings
➢ Race Selection: Free Choice, Random is prohibited. (Each player must inform their opponent of the race they will play in the match)
➢ Game Speed : Fastest
➢ Maps: Amazonia, Ancient Isles, Concealed Hill, Echo Isles, Last Refuge, Northern Isles, Turtle Rock, Twisted Meadows
- How the maps will be selects and played will be determined by the WCG committee before the tournament
(*The list of maps may be modified by the WCG committee before the start of the tournament)
➢ Tournament Settings
- Lock Teams : Yes
- Teams Together : No
- Full shared unit control : No
- Random races : No
- Random hero : No
- Observers : Full Observers
- Visibility : Default
➢ Disconnection: any connection loss between opponents due to system, network, PC, and/or power problems/issues.
➢ When a disconnection occurs:
- If a disconnection occurs within 2 minutes of the start of the match, the match must be restarted.
- If a disconnection occurs 2 minutes or more after the start of the match, one of the following solutions may be adopted:
1) If both players agree to a match restart, the match will be restarted.
2) If the players cannot reach an agreement, the winner will be determined by a referee after the analysis of the match replay.
3) If the winner cannot be decided by analyzing the match replay, the players must agree to a match restart or forfeit the match.
4) In the event of multiple disconnects by the same player, WCG referees may disqualify the disconnecting player.
● Unfair play
➢ The following actions are considered unfair play, which can be penalized by official warning, forfeiture or disqualification at the discretion of the WCG Committee:
- the use of any unapproved/cheat/map hack program.
- an intentional disconnection.
- the use of any settings exceeding the standard and permitted settings.
- any “unnecessary chatting” during the match.
- Intentionally losing a match.
- Unsportsmanlike behavior or, in general, disruptive (e.g., abusive language), inappropriate and/or unprofessional actions directed towards another player.
- The use of a game bug that is determined by the WCG Committee as being unfair.
- If you intentionally use a game bug for an advantage, you may receive penalties or may be subject to disqualification.
● Country by server
➢ APAC Region (Asia)
Australia, Hong Kong China, Indonesia, India, Japan, Macau China, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Chinese Taipei, Thailand and Vietnam
➢ AMERICAS Region (US East)
USA, Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Uruguay and Venezuela
➢ EUROPE Region (Europe)
Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, State of Qatar, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine and United Kingdom (UK)
➢ CHINA Region (Netease): China
● Final provisions
➢ The above-mentioned rules may be amended in the following cases:
- Should the WCG Committee, at its sole discretion, decide to modify in-game settings and options required by the use of most recent patch version/release.
- Should the WCG Committee, at its sole discretion, decide to use a newly released Cheat Protection Program and/or cheat protection functions.
- Should the WCG Committee, at its sole discretion, decide to change game settings and/or operations guidelines due to differences between online and offline tournaments.
➢ The above-mentioned rules may be amended by the WCG committee in its sole discretion at any time.
Version: Mar 11, 2019