The Terms and Conditions of this agreement govern the relationship between you and WCG, Inc. (the "WCG", “Organizer”) regarding your participation of WCG 2019 Xi’an Games Sports Competition and related events (the “Competition”). WCG includes its affiliates, which shall mean subsidiaries, parent companies, joint ventures and other corporate entities under common ownership.
Your participation of any aspect of the Competition signifies that you agree to these Terms and Conditions and constitutes your binding acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, including any modifications that WCG makes from time to time.
1. Competition is open to persons aged sixteen (16) years or over who are born before March 11, 2003, except employees of the Organizer, its associated companies, their agencies, or anyone else professionally connected with the Competition (the “Participants”).
2. The registration period for the Competition (“Registration Period”) is shown as below:
Americas, APAC: 16:00 (GMT+8) March 11, 2019 ~ March 26, 2019
Europe: 16:00 (GMT+8) March 11, 2019 ~ April 2, 2019
3. To enter this Competition, Participants must complete the following steps during the Registration Period:
A. The Competition is free to register and will be done on a first come, first serve basis due to the limited number of entries. (number of entries differ from the game that you participate in)
B. Participants shall go to the following link for the registration process: https://www.wcg.com (the “Website”)
C. Select the game that you want to register and click on the applicable game tournament link from the tournament list shown on the Website;
D. Participants will need to submit their nationality on the passport, name, email, mobile number, In-game ID(Or equivalent game account information), Battlefy Username, Discord ID, date of Birth;
E. Participants will receive unique Battlefy Join Code and Tournament link by email and then sign-up to the applicable tournament with the Join Code via the Tournament link provided.
F. By registering this Competition, Participants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
7. Participant must have sufficient system devices and Internet environment to participate in the Competition and must be able to respond to the Organizer's or any other third–party’s (designated by the Organizer) requests within six (6) hours to proceed and participate in the Competition.
8. At all time, the Organizer reserves the right to video/record all images, pictures and/or sound recordings of the Competition and the result of such video/recordings shall be referred as the “Videos” hereinafter. Ownership, intellectual property rights and all other rights to the Videos belong to the Organizer. The Participant declares that he/she acknowledges this, and agrees that he/she does not claim moral rights, portrait rights, performance rights or any other rights respect to the use of the Videos by Organizer or third-party that has been granted rights by the Organizer.
9. The Competition consists of four stages;
A. Stage 1: National Qualifiers
Description: There will be one National Qualifier per country. Individuals or teams will compete for a chance to qualify to Stage 2: Regional Qualifiers. The top 2 individuals or teams will advance per game title and country.
B. Stage 2: Regional Qualifiers
Description: The top 2 from each National Qualifier in a WCG region will compete as National Representatives. The final top 8 individuals or teams from each region will advance to the Regional Finals.
China (Mainland China) is considered as one region; China Region. There is no Regional Qualifier for China Region.
C. Regional Finals
Location: Santa Ana, Athens, Seoul
Description: Regional Finals are the last stage before proceeding to WCG 2019 Xi’an, Grand Final. 8 individuals or teams that have advanced from Regional Qualifiers will compete offline with one another until final 2 teams remain. Final 2 teams from each region will proceed to the Grand Final. WCG will provide fees for traveling and accommodation for players that will participate in the Regional Finals.
D. Grand Final
Location: X’ian, China
Description: WCG 2019 Xi’an, Grand Final will decide the global champion of the 8 individuals or teams that have advanced through National Qualifier, Regional Qualifier and Regional Finals on their 5 months long journey. WCG will provide fees for traveling and accommodation for players that will participate in the Grand Final.
※ Certain game titles may have separate tournament structure and it will be announced at a later date
10. Participants have the right to file a protest or objection relevant to the progress and result of the Competition/match which they are participating in, within five (5) minutes via Organizer’s Discord from the end of each applicable event and the Organizer may take action within twenty-four (24) hours and the Organizer is not responsible for any notification of the results of such action. Detailed procedure and rules for such filing of a protest or objection is specified in the WCG 2019 Xi’an General Regulations and the rules of the game
11. The total prize pool for the Competition and Prize Policy is posted here and by agreeing to this Terms and Conditions, the Participants agrees to be bound by the terms of the Prize Policy.
12. In order to claim their prize, the prize winners will have to submit their Bank account information and required documents to the Organizer within thirty (30) days from the date of winning the Competition.
13. Prizes may be taxable depending on the applicable local tax policy and the winners will be responsible for any tax arising from the prize.
14. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of this Terms and Conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided by the Participant, the Organizer may at their sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfil any prize awarded, and such Participants will be banned from participating in any events hosted by the Organizer.